Monday, October 09, 2006

Will the bad luck ever end?

Will the bad luck ever end? I go out Sunday morning ready to go to church and guess what?!? The van won't start. Nick is ready to go because it's his birthday and he has big plans. He has all kinds of things he wants to do. We call Chris Nunn (a friend of ours) and ask him to come and get Nick. I call my mechanic and ask him when he can come look at the van. He asks me what is it doing? I explain to him and even take the phone out and try to start it again. By that time it is not making any noise at all. He asks me to turn on the lights and try to start it. They stayed on. He said it sounds like the starter. Well, I call friends (have to wait until after church) and make arrangements to get a starter for the van. My mechanic says he will come Monday morning to work on it. Fast forward to Monday morning--my mechanic comes here and looks at the van and he decides to try to jump the battery. Guess what!! it was the battery. It cost me about $50 less, but it still cost me about $100 that I didn't really have extra. Well, maybe one day we'll get ahead, I just don't know when. Hopefully next time I post I will be my old optimistic self. It just seems like I've had a lot dumped on me lately-- I guess I'm allowed a bad day every once in a while. I need to vent sometimes. It does get better, doesn't it????????????????????

5 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

It got pretty bad for my husband and I right after we first go married-and I mean the day after,ironic isnt it?Anyhow,I got injured and he took off work one day an hour early and got fired-this was after we had just purchased new furniture and a new van(and it just kept on getting worse)...but somehow it all worked in the end because here we are 7 years later and we are alive and well.My mom always told me that the lord never puts more on you than you can handle...I believe that.I will be sincerely praying for you and your family and I have faith that the Lord will take care of you completely.

Rosie said...

Yes Tammi it does get better! Take it from someone who just six months ago felt like they were rich if they had $50 in the bank! Literally! I know it sounds cliche', but...you really do learn so much about yourself, your family, and most importantly your Savior during times like these. Just know that even though you can't SEE it, there will be an end to this. THings will get better. Sometimes you just have to sit back and let God show you what He can do. We are really praying for yall during this time, we understand how trying it is. We love you guys.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

oh, tammie. . .i'm sorry its been so rough! i can't tell you anything you don't already know, or that hasn't already been said to you. . .rosie hit it right on the head. these kinds of times are when god teaches us about him, we have no alternative than to rely on him, and he WILL take care of you. . .and in the words of daniel, who just before placed in the lion's den, said that his god would save him, "and if not. . . ." go read it! :) god loves you, and i do, too!

Lee Ann James said...

Tammie, I have no advice or tips for you...I just wanted to let you know that I'm here. We all are...if you need someone to talk to (or vent to) just call! We love you!

Gracie Parker said...

hey girl!
i just read through several of your posts trying to get updated and jumped over to kevin's. CONGRATULATIONS!! let me know soon, how it's going. i miss y'all much!