Saturday, August 19, 2006

Life Changes

You've always heard: "Your life can change in an instant". How true that is. I'm sure most of you know by now that Kevin lost his job last Tuesday due to cutbacks in the company he worked for. I still have one more semester of school. We have talked it over and decided that I need to finish. We have gotten better at stretching the little bit of money we have and we will just have to stretch even further. There are things we will have to do like take Nick's braces off early. He's ok with that because he is tired of the metal in his mouth anyway. We'll have to come up with some other things we can do without next. Maybe I can get a lot of old junk together and have a Garage sale. You never know what you can do until you have to "Just Do It!" You notice I am trying to be positive here: I have two other people depending on me to try to be strong. I really am trying, but I hope they forgive me if sometimes I am not so strong. I am only human, after all. I don't know what God has planned for us so I will have to listen extra hard. I know He is looking out for us because of recent events. I would like to thank you'all for all the phone calls and help that has been given to us. I start back to school Wednesday, so that will help keep my mind off things, I hope. I am ready to get that finished up. I only have 3 classes, but due to scheduling I have to go to McGehee every day. MWF I go from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and if I didn't have someone to carpool with then I couldn't make it because of gasoline prices. Well, you'all please keep on praying and we'll keep on pressing on. Thanks again.

6 comments:

Lou Arnold said...

We are praying for you. Cutting back on material things is the hardest. I think we only grow stronger by having to cutback.

Lee Ann James said...

Taylor and I are praying for you guys. Please let us know if we can do anything to help out...even if you just need someone to hang out with or talk to. Good luck with class on Wed.

p said...

Rose and I are also praying for you guys.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

tj and i are good at cutting corners, too. the cooking group i have been a part of has really helped with our grocery bill, not to mention the "fast food" bill because i know i have quick meals at home. (we spend a day putting meals together in a baggie and freeze them). and if ya want a friend at the garage sale with ya, just holler! :)

Sugar-n-Spice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sugar-n-Spice said...

hey! i never new you liked murder mysteries. . .how funny! i love learning more about you! so. . .have you made a 100's list, yet?