Friday, September 29, 2006

Ups and Downs

I went through and read all the blogs I normally read and I realized that of all the ones that have been too busy to blog I am behind the most (except for Taylor, who looks like he has given up). It has been a rough month. As you most know Kevin is now unemployed. Cut-backs at Federal Mogul, and he was one of them. I have been trying to go to school and with so much on my mind lately it has been really hard to concentrate on my classes. This is to the point that one of my classmates and friend has commented several times that I am not myself because I can't seem to pay attention or remember anything. Thankfully, she has been trying to keep me straight. Kevin has had several things fall through so he decided to do something radical. He left for Berryville, Virginia this morning at 4:18 a.m. We have friends there he will stay with. As it stands right now he will stay for 2 weeks unless he gets a job there. If he gets a job he will stay and try to come home Thanksgiving. He already has one interview on Monday morning so please pray for him-it pays really good and it was very similar to what he was doing at his last job. This is a big step for us because we have lived in Monticello together all of our 23 years of marriage. Kevin moved here when he was in the 7th grade. We are all scared to death because we will be basically starting over, but we think there are more opportunities in that area. We also feel God is leading us there. It's really hard to know for sure where we will eventually end up, but we know that He is with us wherever we are. He is driving his old beat-up, Honda Accord, 5-speed with over 200,000 miles on it and this a test of my faith today and tomorrow to try my best not to go insane with worry about him. But I KNOW that God will take care of him because I have asked. Thank you Lord. I'll try to keep you updated about the trip and job hunt. Thanks for all your prayers!!

6 comments:

Kevin Stoxe said...

Tammie,
I made it to Virginia !!!!!! My beat up honda rode with the best of them. She thought she was a thurabred around all of those other bigger veheciles. She never backed downed to those big guns. She is standing proudly outside right now.
BTW: I was in the 8th grade when I moved here.
anyhow....I am worn out so I am going to go for now.

dean said...

hi tammie...

last time i talked to kevin (at dad's place a week or 2 ago) he was pursuing a job with the TSA... is that not what he went to VA for? or was that one of the things you mentioned that fell through? i know its kind of tough to go thru this without any clear direction, but thats the neat thing about faith... if we knew what lay ahead, there'd be no faith involved! this isnt just platitudes, either... crissie and i know only too well from experience. when i was called into ministry and we were going to seminary, we had everything all lined out for income and paying for tuition, etc. we also got married exactly 2 weeks before we moved to seminary. the week before we were to leave, we found out that the job transfer that crissie put in for was denied, and we went to new orleans with no jobs and not knowing how we'd pay for ANYTHING. it was a struggle, but we never missed a bill payment, tuition was always covered, and food was always on the table (we did have to learn to love ramen noodles 2 meals a day, but that was our "manna" for a time :-)

anyway, it would have been easy, though very disappointing, to just say "forget about seminary and the ministry, we obviously werent meant to go." but it doesnt take any faith to do that. so... put all your faith in the One who's calling you out of your comfort zone... lean not on your own understanding... and acknowledge Him in all your ways! now THATS a great adventure! call if you guys need anything... you're in our prayers.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Oh,Tammie,we will all be praying for you!!!I can't imagine what you are going through right now and having to start all over again.May the Lord bless and keep you.

Tammie S. said...

Thanks everybody for all the prayers. They are needed very much. Dean, Kevin didn't pass the test for TSA- he went to Virginia because of another job- one that he would be better suited for. He doesn't know anything yet, though. Just keep on praying!!

Sugar-n-Spice said...

there you are! i talked to kevin some via e-mail today. . .its hard to tell how spirits are over the net, but it was great to hear from him none the less. i can't imagine how you feel when you get to talk with each other. i'll tell you the same thing i told him. . .i love you and your family and am earnestly praying for you. . .may god bless you from the middle of it all and may you endure for his glory!

Unknown said...

God bless you girl! You are going through a lot. I'll be praying for you.