Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My perspectives of this week:

I tell you what: NEW YORK WAS BIG! When we got to Times Square, Nick looked up and said "Now I feel short." Now he knows how I feel all the time!! LOL We have had the most wonderful people that we are staying with, and all of the people of the church are great! They have been so kind to us and so patient, so helpful and they have been trying their best to take us sight-seeing to all the places that we are interested in and whatever they think might interest us. It has been a busy and wonderful week. The kids here are enjoying VBS this week- the theme is Artic Edge and it has great catchy songs and interesting stories for them. I even find myself singing the songs in my mind because the tunes are so catchy. I have seen a different side of some of my travel mates: for example I didn't know how good a teacher Misti is and how patient we can all be when a room full of kids are screaming to the top of their lungs. Amy is going to try teaching for the first time tomorrow;( Amy Flemister- she's 14- and kinda shy- I think this is Awesome!) I am very proud of my son- Nick- he's been great with the kids. My husband, Kevin has helped out wherever needed, mostly me, with lunch and snacks. Brandi and Jennifer have watched babies and helped clean up and whatever was needed. Most of them have done the Train Ministry and I get to go tomorrow- more on that later. We are having a dinner at the church tonight so we can meet all the parents of the kids who have been coming, and hopefully minister to them. Kevin and I have met some wonderful friends here and hope that we can all keep in touch with them and maybe come back next year. There are so many things I feel that I am leaving out, maybe later when I am not so tired I will write more. For now I am going to sit back and chill before everybody gets here tonite!

2 comments:

Lou Arnold said...

Sounds like you have had a great week. New York is awesome. I have been there three times.

Nick is great with kids. Ashton just loves him to death and always asks where Nick is. You have been blessed to have such a great son.

Lee Ann James said...

I'm ready to hear more about the trip! We've been praying for you guys. Ready to see you at small group again!